Browsing web pages to find an answer for how to remove hair from carpet? Then, you are lucky to be here. Because we know the best and the easiest way how to get fur out of the carpet and make the cleaning process less demanding, but more effective.
We know, that carpets pile is very hard to clean. As pet hair and dust are usually trapped in very deeply in the pile. But by following our step by step guide and knowing simple tips and tricks will for sure make your life easier and having a furry pet less stressful.
Removing Hair from CarpetTo keep your carpets clean isn’t an easy task, especially when it comes to pet fur that is trapped in the pile. It seems like the best way to remove hair is to use a vac. But usually, it’s not enough. Together dust and pet fur easily clog the vac. This makes the cleaning process less effective and very much stressful. Luckily, we know the best way to get hair off. Let’s check out the list of things you will need.
Things You’ll Need
- Fabric softener.
- Stiff-bristled brush.
- Window squeegee.
- Spray bottle.
- Sponge mop.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Step 1
Take a spray bottle and fill it in with cold water. Add a few drops of fabric softener. Then spray a carpet with a prepared mixture. This helps to dampen fur and prepares it to be easily attached to the cleaning tool. In general, this makes the washing routine easier.
- Step 2
Apply stiff-bristled brush. Use it very carefully as you can damage a pile. If you don’t have a stiff-bristled brush, use a window squeegee as an alternative.
It does the same job as a brush, but with one additional advantage. With rubber glows you can put both hands to work. This will make the process quicker. Pay great attention to areas where the dog hair is located.
- Step 3
As an addition, take a sponge mop and soak it in the water. Don’t forget to wring it, so the water isn’t dripping. Then stroke across the carpet to get fur off. It is important to change the water in the bucket often. This will help to prevent spreading dirt around the carpet.
- Step 4
Finish a carpet treatment with a vacuum cleaner. If you carefully followed previous steps, your vac won’t have any problem with sucking up cat hair.
Tips & TricksTo get hair out of carpet effectively keep in mind the following simple tips and tricks:
- The best way to pick up hair is to use rubber glows. They are always near at hand and are very easy to apply. This will also make the cleaning process less time consuming since you can do it with both hands. One more tip: rubber glows are the best human hair remover.
- Brushing your pet every day helps to limit the amount of loose fur. Since, hairs that would for sure fall down and trap in the pile, stay on a brush and can be directly cleaned after the brushing.
- Keeping your rug areas and carpets clean and brushed significantly prolongs the life of fibers. With proper consistent treatment, carpeted surfaces will look great even in 30 years.
- Removing long hair is easier when your vac features a motorized brush roll. It helps to pull off the hidden hairs.
- For quick daily clean up buy a rubber broom. It is very handy and comfortable to use. Plus, it ensures cleaning without any harm caused to carpeted areas.